The latest dotrim Safelist Efficiency rankings now have an extra element, Conversions.
A promotion in safelists is aimed at achieving a particular purpose. That could be on of a range of outcomes such as
- Branding: Getting you name and profile out there.
- List Building: Getting new leads.
- Referrals: To an opportunity or service.
- Sales: Affiliate or direct sales.
- Or a combination of these.
Now that the ranking list has matured a little, been promoted in safelist mailings and created several new leads for a newsletter, Conversions are now included as a factor for determining which safelists or mailers appear on the list and the order in which they appear.
To be shown on the list, Conversions (submitted list sign up forms) from a mailout to members of that safelist must have been recorded in the tracking stats.
Now, as well as giving an indication of where to put effort in clicking for credits, the dotrim Safelist Ranking list provides pointers to safelists that have yielded results for the effort in building those credits and then mailing out to members.
The aim is to provide relevant information to help you decide which mailers will work for you.
Some pojnts to remember:
- The list is not exhaustive. There are hundreds of safelists and mailers, and it seems, new ones each day. Do not restrict yourself to those on the list.
- My results may not be the same as yours. These results are based on promoting the ranking page, and the list sign up form. Your promotions will be different. (Unless you want to promote the rankings! Now that’s another thing to consider.)
- The Views per email opened are based on Free or basic upgrades. By taking upgrades to safelists and mailers you will generally not need to spend as much time opening emails for credits.
I hope you find the rankings useful. They are certainly helping me to understand the importance of tracking results, and then acting upon what is discovered.
If you have any suggestions for future revisions of the rankings feel free to suggest them as comments.